PDA

View Full Version : Freelance Writers

MaxS
06-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Where do you find them?

I've tried a few forums but I'm not looking for your typical content writer who spits out 500 word articles in a matter of minutes. I'm looking for creative writers for non-paragraphical content.

I've been looking around Facebook for English majors who want to earn some cash on the side. I've found one or two "keepers."

Anyone?

Chris
06-06-2007, 02:32 PM
For prewritten articles I've used Constant Content (review on this site).

I've also just stumbled over a writer who was a forum mod/active member for me.

MaxS
06-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Yea, that's the thing, I'm not looking for article content. I'm not looking for anything close to sales copy, either. CC has made my bookmarks, though.

Todd W
06-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Craigslist.

I found a couple good ones from there.

KLB
06-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Actually all of my freelance writers have come to me. I simply solicit writers on my site with a link to a writers wanted page that details what I'm looking for. If I'm really actively looking for writers I move the writers wanted link to the top of my sidebar menu. If I'm passively looking I move it to the bottom of the menu. I also use geo-targeting to turn the link off for those countries that I do not want applicants from. This has worked very well for me and I have been able to recruit some really high qualified writers in this manner. In fact most of my most recent writers have PhDs.

ZigE
06-06-2007, 07:40 PM
What is the sort of going rate, per hour, article? Obviously it would be dependent on what sort of niche/experience, but what sort of ballpark figure, without insulting someone.

Does anyone get articles written in exchange for promotion of said persons products in the article?

KLB
06-07-2007, 03:50 AM
Articles are normally paid for by the word. The going rate depends upon the topic area and how good of writers you want. Some people pay only a few cents per word for throw away articles and it can go as high as $1 or more per word for really high quality specialized stuff. I pay $0.20 per word as it is the max I can afford to pay given how long it takes for me to pay back articles. If I could afford to pay $0.50 per word I'd get a lot more extremely high quality articles.