PDA

View Full Version : Ad Alternatives

Greg
04-04-2007, 12:09 PM
I have a few quick questions for all of you. How willing would you be to try another online ad network if they allowed you to select your own CPM price and guaranteed a higher payout? They also promised to display the most appropriate ad to the content displayed. Lastly, they would be willing to display the ad from another vendor if their CPM price was lower than another provider? Would you be willing to try such an ad agency or are you so dedicated to your current vendor that you would not want to try it out? What would it take to convince you to give them a shot?

G1

Chris
04-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Sounds like RMX Direct.

MaxS
04-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Yea, that's basically RMX Direct's "nothing to lose" business plan.

It depends on the reputation of the company and the fill rate. Advertisers may be able to offer a higher CPM, but if they can only fill 500 impressions, their service is worthless.

Greg
04-05-2007, 06:00 AM
Chris & Max,

I am not with RMX Direct (thanks for mentioning them though. I did a little research on them as well). I’m in the process of working with a company that provides the services that I described above. From the research I’ve already done they seem to have a superior offering over Google’s Adsense and it seems that publishers can make more money per CPM with them. WhatI am trying to do is gauge how receptive the user community would be to such a product/ service.

G1

Westech
04-05-2007, 07:47 AM
The big issue that keeps me from trying many new ad networks is trust. There are a lot of networks out there that promise rates or fill percentages they can't deliver or sometimes don't even pay out what they owe. Unless a network has a name I know or that I can get recommendations for from people I trust then I usually won't bother trying them out.

Greg
04-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Westech & All,

First off I want to let all of you guys know how much I appreciate your honest feedback. It will be invaluable when I begin to structure my client’s support & sales infrastructure.

Based on the feedback that I am hearing it sounds like you would give an ad network a try if they were able to deliver. My client currently has some pretty notable names using their service. They are looking to now do business with more moderate publishers (i.e. 10 million impressions or more a month). That said, am I correct in assuming that you guys would be willing to use their service? The client also allows you to set your own CPM price. Is that appealing?

Thanks again for the feedback.

G1

MaxS
04-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Well, I for one, would be interested. The problem with a new company emerging, like Westech said, is trust. It's not uncommon for an Internet company to appear and then disappear overnight.

Greg
04-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Max,

My client and I are getting closer to finalizing our agreement. They aren’t new in fact they’ve been around since 2000. If you and the rest of the participants don’t mind, once I have everything squared away I would like to reach out to you to give the product a ago. At that time I’ll be able to disclose the name and complete track record of the firm.

P.S.

I will be posting the same question in other forums on the internet. So if you frequent them I’m not trying to be annoying just trying to gather information .

Thanks Again,

G1

Emancipator
04-07-2007, 05:22 PM
i can pretty much just re-affirm what westech said.