PDA

View Full Version : Command & Conquer 3

Todd W
03-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Anyone else get it? I ordered it on the 27th when it came out from amazon because I had some gift cards and it arrived today, gotta love amazon prime!

I got the Kane Edition just cause it was a free upgrade and it supposedly has more maps for multiplayer (probably can get them anyplace though).

Anyway, who else got C&C3?

My limited edition # is 10,718 out of 100,000 if anyone wants to compare! LOL.

-TOdd

Todd W
03-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Well playing the game has turned into a task! My computer overheated during hte tutorial. It had overheated around 3 times in the last few months and I was thinking it was time for a clean-up boy was I right!

Clicky Here (http://www.uploads.biz/hpics/show.php?img=461158heatsink397.jpg)

This is probably the lognest I've kept the same system together... almost 2 years. It's a p4 3ghz @ 3.3 (all its life), aftermarket huge fan and heatsink.. but yeah it was dirty ;)

bbolte
03-30-2007, 11:23 AM
i love the c&c games, been playing them since the first one. don't have 3 yet - not sure my system can handle it, but i haven't looked at the specs for it.

i have been playing generals, but actually i've been playing Warhammer40k a lot, my wife would prolly say too much.

Emancipator
03-31-2007, 03:45 PM
i love the games, havent played 3 yet though

Shawn
04-01-2007, 04:18 PM
3 came out?!?! WHAT!?

Todd W
04-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Shawn - I know!! I didn't read about it at all until I saw an ad for it and by then it was out (same day).

It's not that special IMHO but it's nice to have an updated version you can play online now. Mine died in the middle today not sure if it was my PC or hte game crashing but it's def. fun to play.

-Todd

Cutter
04-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Have you guys checked out Supreme Commander? Incredible kick *** game. I got to play it a little bit before my wrists started acting up on me again.

RTSs used to be at the bottom of my "genres I like list" but between W40k: Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and now Supreme Commander.. I am really impressed.

Todd W
04-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Have you guys checked out Supreme Commander? Incredible kick *** game. I got to play it a little bit before my wrists started acting up on me again.

RTSs used to be at the bottom of my "genres I like list" but between W40k: Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and now Supreme Commander.. I am really impressed.

Nope I'll have to check that out!

Hey Andrew have you seen the new (to me) Evoluent (http://www.amazon.com/Evoluent-Right-Handed-VerticalMouse-optical-button/dp/B000O3OEGE/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-5319935-9328609?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1175497414&sr=8-1) sideways mouse? I ordered one and the new MS mouse (setup almos thte same) to give them a try to relieve wrist/arm pressure. Might be interesting to try to geta way from the touchpad or mouse?

-Todd

AndyH
04-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Reminds me of StarCraft.

mobilebadboy
04-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Going to get it and Supreme Commander soon. Still hooked on CoH.

Although lately I've been borrowing my friend's PS2 to play Socom 3: Combined Assault online, so I've rarely even sat down at the PC for a while, until tonight.

Although based on what I've seen, but could change when I play, I still prefer C&C Generals Zero Hour.

Cutter
04-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Looks like a Company of Hero expansion pack is on the way.. http://pc.ign.com/articles/778/778892p1.html

I have seen that sideways mouse before, may try one sometime.

Todd W
04-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Looks like a Company of Hero expansion pack is on the way.. http://pc.ign.com/articles/778/778892p1.html

I have seen that sideways mouse before, may try one sometime.

Got mine today the thumb edge is not rounded so it cuts off circulation to my thumb unless I only slightly rest my hand on it. May work for someone with a bigger or smaller hand :confused: If you want I can send it your way, if you like it you can pay me less than I paid if you don't we can try to return it :)

-Todd