PDA

View Full Version : Are your AdSense Impressions WAY down today?

KLB
07-27-2006, 08:50 AM
I've noticed that my AdSense impressions are way below normal for this time of day. Is anybody else noticing the same thing? Are AdSense stats running way behind in being posted right now?

Emancipator
07-27-2006, 10:57 AM
looks like mine are on par. My cpm is low though.

ogito
07-27-2006, 11:21 AM
my CTR for today is pretty low...

KLB
07-27-2006, 02:24 PM
I discovered my problem wasn't AdSense, it was Google SERPs, for some crazy reason I plunged in the SERPs today. Stuff I have been on page one since the 1990's suddenly dropped to like page five. In almost 11 years of doing this stuff I've never had a day where I plunged as baddly as I did today. Heck Google updates almost never even affect my positions in SERPs. I don't know what happened today, but it has been a really gloomy day for me. :(

I can just hope that I recover in a few days. I know that I'm working really hard and making even the finest tuning adjustments to my site.

Kyle
07-27-2006, 02:48 PM
One of my sites dropped today on Google also (firstaidkits.org).

But Survive Outdoors just jumped into rankings again. So I'm extremely happy.

Chris
07-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Ya keep says 1990s, google didn't leave beta until late 1999. Seems like forever huh?

KLB
07-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Wow Google was still in beta until 1999? Geeze, I never knew that. I always knew that AltaVisita.com and my site have very similar birthdays (looking at my original domain), and my memory is that it was shortly there after that I started using Google.

Who here remembers when AltaVista was the best search engine going?

Boy that all really does seem like lifetimes ago.

BTW, I did get a sitemap up it was only 2,129,471 bytes in size for a plain text version (urls only). Fortunatly I still had the log from when I made an off-line copy of my site for the US Copyright Office. After some clean up using UltraEdit it was all ready to go. Nothing like being able to edit 20,000 lines at once using column mode.