PDA

View Full Version : Jon starting a new radio show

CreationNation
04-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Oh yeah... http://www.aojon.com/

EDIT: I should add that it isn't exclusive to affiliate stuff but all around webmaster related)

Cutter
04-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Excellent, I don't reguarly listen to web radio shows, but I will be listening to this one.

BGray
04-15-2006, 04:17 AM
I'm in and looking forward to it!

Masetek
04-15-2006, 04:51 AM
Sweet :) I like these radio shows, podcasts etc. Should be good!

s2kinteg916
04-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Podcasts have been hot lately.... i enjoy them a great amount

James
04-16-2006, 04:09 PM
People love being able to catch a podcast on topics they enjoy when doing something like working where they have monotonous tasks; a friend of mine basically moves eggs around, as well as chickens: there's no communication or anything in a job like that, and nothing to read, so it's perfect for him to be able to be entertained by Major Nelson, or Gaming Steve, or the Lost podcast.

Jon
04-20-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm working on setting up the radio show now. I just got my new mic and I have a good buddy who does professional voiceovers on TV and radio shows. I'm kinda trying to find a producer now to make me one of those cool intro's, and after that, a friend has donated his 1.4TB of BW server to me to host the mp3's.

When I figure out how to do so, I'll start doing the shows live, but since I don't know much about it yet, it will be pre-recorded.

There will be 3 types of episodes a week, all covering different topics. I'll have expert guests and average joes as well. It's going to have more of a laid back approach, and some of my sarcastic humor, so if you get offended easily, you may want to cover your ears every so often.

But I will have them available via podcast..

Thanks for all the support!

Cutter
04-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Awesome, can't wait to hear them. I'm not a big listener of podcasts or web radio but I won't miss yours.

Jon
04-20-2006, 05:59 PM
By the way.. I forgot to mention.. if you guys haven't submitted questions you'd like me to address on the shows, please do so, and if you know of anyone else with a question, send them over to the blog please and have them post it, because ALL topics and questions are 100% user controlled.

Shawn
04-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Post a link to the mic I should get.

Jon
04-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Post a link to the mic I should get.

I got the Plantronics DSP 500.. It was about $40 and change on Amazon. I'd recommend you go for something a bit smaller and less bulkier. The only reason I went with this one, is because I plan on using it for gaming too, so the SRS and BASS amplifier rocks, but for just straight forward Skyping or chatting, a single earpiece type deal is probably the best bet.