PDA

View Full Version : dashes in domain, had to show this

Kyle
03-28-2006, 09:46 AM
I got this email today, I had to share it...

--

Dear Webmaster,

We'd like to reciprocate links with your site. Your link is posted on our site at http://www.treatments-for-depression-stress-relief-anxiety-symptoms-health.com/depression/depression-sites/depression-sites.asp.

Our link code is as follows : -

<a href="http://www.treatments-for-depression-stress-relief-anxiety-symptoms-health.com" title="treatments for depression, anxiety symptoms, depression medication">Treatments for Depression, Anxiety Symptoms, Depression Medication</a> - Learn to break out chronic blues of depression by easy and 100% harmless treatments for depression of Satellite Corporation.

Please reciprocate our link and send us the URL of your links page.

Thank You,

Webmaster - Satellite Corporation

--

MarkB
03-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Oh dear, that's hilarious. The question is, does this actually have any benefit? I'm sure it's been discussed before (and my thinking is that it doesn't?), but surely it must have some benefit if these knobs keep at it?

Kyle
03-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Potentially some benefit in MSN.

Cutter
03-28-2006, 04:08 PM
maybe all his other choices were already taken ;)

James
03-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Wait 5 years. You won't be able to get a name *not* like that.

Damn the saturation of the internet.

Jon
03-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Wait 5 years. You won't be able to get a name *not* like that.

Damn the saturation of the internet.

More like damn saturation of the .com market.. All of those .net's and .org's are going to be loads more popular reeeal soon.

Emancipator
03-30-2006, 09:11 PM
that is just gold.... can you say spam domain that nobody will ever remember?

spotmea30
04-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Wow. Even the guys at Google have got to be having a chuckle on that one...

Emancipator
04-13-2006, 08:46 PM
i can just imagine the guys at google looking at the log file going WTF?? :)

spotmea30
04-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Imagine the business cards!

john190
04-17-2006, 06:23 AM
What!!!

I can't belive it. Dont' go to that site! I just did an I made a big mistake doing it. I now have to purchase a new keyboard as I have just worn away all of my keys .

Well there is to many words in it. But actually I have seen a longer one than that, but can't quite remember.

These type of sites may slightly work for SEO or not, but for long term effect you can run something like a yahoo or google site using a domain like that so you know that they will not get big unless they change their domain name in the process.