PDA

View Full Version : How to Trim Around Vinyl Sliding Door

IsacCornish
05-30-2023, 07:34 AM
I have a 12' vinyl sliding door I'm not sure how to drywall around. In the first pic you can see that the door edge is nearly 1" from the studs and header (the cardboard on the stud is spacer). If that was the only issue I might finish the edge of the drywall with J-bead that rests on the door frame. In the second pic you can see that the stud/spacer sits proud of the vinyl frame, so I have a gap to fill in also. I don't think the J-bead option will work. I could rip wood to fill the gap and I guess tape it to the vinyl door frame and let the J-bead rest against it. Any other options?

IsacCornish
05-30-2023, 07:41 AM
Hey there! Dealing with the drywall around a sliding door can be a bit tricky. One option could be combining wood fillers or shims to fill the gap and create a smooth transition. Once that's done, you can tape it to the vinyl door frame and then use J-bead to finish the edge of the drywall. By the way, if you're ever considering upgrading your sliding door, https://doorsdirect2u.co.uk/product-category/french-doors/ has a great selection of French doors that could add a touch of elegance to your home.