PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone hit a weight plateau?

Victordark
05-13-2022, 03:17 AM
Hi All, I am hoping for some good advice on this issue.

I started 5:2 fasting in September and all went well until the third week of October when my weight now seems to have hit a plateau. I weighted myself yesterday (I check my weight every Saturday), and not only I haven’t lost weight but I’ve gained weight since last week! (0.8lb)

Measures of my hips, waist, bust and neck have also hit a plateau since 2 weeks ago.

This makes no sense to me as I haven’t stopped fasting, I’ve kept the same dieting plan since the first week in September, I’ve kept my HIIT and walking routine, I don’t drink anything that isn’t water, black coffee and tea, even in NFD, and also during NFD I eat and cook the same meals I plan from Mimi’s books. I may eat some ice cream or a scone during the weekend however, even if I am out in NFD, I make sure I choose meals that are healthy and in line with the meal plan.

I fast on Mondays and Thursdays and do one 500-calorie meal in the evening around 8pm.

This week, I added a 3rd fasting day on Wednesday but didn’t really work due to work commitments. I had to change the meal plan in the last minute, still I had one low-calorie meal at around 9pm after fasting all day, and then fasted as normal on Thursday. Next week, I will fast on Tuesday instead and see how it goes.

I am fasting for all the health reasons it has however, I am also fasting to lose weight and hit my goal.

Has anyone got a similar story? I’d appreciate some comments as I am not sure what am I doing wrong or what I need to change.

Thanks!
Beatriz

JoeIskor
05-13-2022, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the information.

ZoeHillo
05-13-2022, 10:32 AM
After four weeks of being on the 5:2 diet, I can say that I finally finished it. I have lost about 8-10 pounds, but my weight goes up and down radically. At the moment, I weigh 12 stone 5lbs. I exercised a lot too, and maybe that's why it had been pretty efficient for me. Currently, I am only doing a bit of walking, running, and weights. What is good is that I am feeling pretty great in my body now. When I started, I checked the bathroom scale (https://www.vont.com/product/smart-scale-bathroom-scale-weight-scale/) daily, but now I'm trying to stop this damaging behavior and stop doing diets. I just want to eat healthily, and I can say this dies helped me manage my portion meals and stop my cravings.