PDA

View Full Version : Backing up the entire website?

ZoeHillo
03-28-2022, 01:49 AM
I would like to make a backup of all the art that has been submitted to this website. I have a feeling though that if I start using a script to download everything, it would possibly result in an IP ban or be highly frowned up due to the extra bandwidth costs. Any suggestions on how I could go about doing this? I've learned that if you don't back things up now, you'll regret it later. I estimate it will be around 1 terabyte of data or less for all the art assets.

AmeliaBailey
03-29-2022, 02:36 AM
I would also to know mate!

BrandoWilson
03-29-2022, 02:37 AM
Backup of information from a website to the cloud is a very common phenomenon, but you can try to simply download the data to your hard drive and, if it is lost, upload it back to your website. I work for the IT company Transform Agency (https://transformagency.com/) and we prefer to copy data not to the cloud but to the hard drives of our work server. It will be safer this way and we will not depend on any cloud storage service. Storing information on a hard disk will help you save on increasing bandwidth and will allow you to spend this money in the right direction. If I were you, I would do exactly that. I hope my advice helped you somehow. Good luck!