PDA

View Full Version : Feelings after divorce

JoeIskor
03-02-2022, 02:32 AM
I was married for 15 years and my wife at the time cheated near the end of our marriage which eventually caused our divorce. I was willing to work on it and did not want a divorce.
She moved out about 8 years ago. We eventually got divorced 4 years later. During the time we were separated I filed for divorce once but she asked me to cancel the petition for divorce and she wanted to work on things. Well she “tried” for about a month. During time we were separated she was still talking to one of the two guys she cheated with. Well that eventually ended and the dude stay married to his wife. Well they are getting divorced now and supposedly he is coming to town to see her. The only reason I know is because his almost ex-wife told me.
Well after her “fling” feel apart she has been by her self for years and years. To be honest I was glad to know she was alone since she played me for years and years. I had a very hard time. Worst time of my life. I loved her parents and family and I missed them during that time.
I understand that’s selfish by wanting her not to be happy but that’s just how I feel. Now finding out that guy is coming to see her makes me feel upset or disappointed or whatever. I can’t describe it.
Meanwhile I am in a great relationship for the last few years and we will eventually get married. I am very happy.
I understand I have my new life which is great but I still have a small part in my heart for my narcissistic ex.
Has anyone else felt this way or been in a similar position?

Victordark
03-02-2022, 11:13 AM
Your feelings for her are understandable as this person was the one that made you suffer a lot. It is never easy to get up after getting cheated on. I know it because I was the one on which her husband cheated, and I immediately filed up for divorce on https://www.fleetwoodfamilylaw.ca. Your willingness to try something repeatedly with this person and the lack of interest from her side makes you disappointed in this person. I am happy that everything is all right in your life, and if you want to get out of this emotional situation, you must forget about her.