PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol - Gave Up

ZoeHillo
02-03-2022, 05:19 AM
So after feeling very rough for a very long time, and reading some of the 'sobering' posts on the various how much alcohol threads on here, I decided to give up on the 1st Jan. I was drinking incredible amounts compared to what most would consider normal.

20 days in, I actually feel nothing short of incredible. Weight is going down, I am waking up alert and ready every morning. Energy is up massively.

Right now I am kind of considering never drinking again as I clearly have no self control when it comes to alcohol.

How many people here have done this, and if you started again what was your trigger? Reason for asking is so I can watch out for this and avoid it...

I don't intend to become a holier than thou tea totalist, I just know that for me, it is not something I can control so I had better stay away.

Kleeeniks
02-03-2022, 03:06 PM
This is a good decision. I also want to give up but idk how.

JoeIskor
02-03-2022, 03:07 PM
You took an excellent step to stop drinking alcohol. I respect this step you took. I was also addicted to alcohol, even too addicted. In 2022 I wanted to stop this addiction, and for that, I took my journey to sobriety and bought a program from theluckiestclub (https://www.theluckiestclub.com/join-community). As soon as I finished the course, my life changed radically. I started to feel much better, lose weight, eat correctly, and sleep regularly. Until now, I missed these things. I haven't been drinking for a month now, and I don't even want to. I hope it will continue like this, and nothing will influence me to return to my vices.