PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between bounce rate and exit rate?

vkumar
05-25-2020, 05:58 AM
Hello friends,

What is the difference between bounce rate and exit rate?

WoodsPainting
05-25-2020, 08:28 PM
Hi Friends,

Bounce Rate:

Bounce rate is the percentage of people who landed on a page and immediately left. Bounces are always one page sessions.

Bounce Rate = Total Number of Bounces / Total Number of Visits

Exit Rate:

Exit rate is the percentage of people who left your site from that page. Exits may have viewed more than one page in a session.

Exit Rate = Total Number of Exits / Total Number of Page Views

sulbha
05-26-2020, 12:06 AM
Hi Friend,
If you are familiar with Google Analytic than I am sure that you have encountered with both the terminology you have mentioned above. Here are my inputs on both :

Bounce Rate : Whenever a user visits a web-page and get bounce from that page without completing any action will increase the bounce rate of website. In other word I can say it’s the percentage of visitors who landed to a page and left. It always consist one page sessions.

Exit Rate: Exit rate is the percentage of people who left your site from that page. Exits may have viewed more than one page in a session.

RH-Calvin
05-26-2020, 03:09 AM
Bounce rate and exit rate are both used as proxies for website engagement, but there are subtle differences between the two. Bounce rate measures the number of users who enter a website and exit without visiting any other page on the website. Exit rate measures the number of users who exit a website from a specific page.

ritesh3592
05-26-2020, 04:26 AM
Exit Rate represents the percentage of all pageviews that were the last in the session. Bounce Rate represents the percentage of sessions in which the entrance page was the only pageview of the session

sophiawils59
05-30-2020, 02:53 AM
Bounce Rate:

Bounce rate is the percentage of people who landed on a page and immediately left. Bounces are always one page sessions.

Bounce Rate = Total Number of Bounces / Total Number of Visits

Exit Rate:

Exit rate is the percentage of people who left your site from that page. Exits may have viewed more than one page in a session.

Exit Rate = Total Number of Exits / Total Number of Page Views