PDA

View Full Version : Ad Content Conflicting With My Site

cameron
05-24-2004, 02:17 PM
I use fastclick ads on http://www.hdskate.com . Today I was looking through my site logs and found an incoming link that I didn't regcognize. It was a news page and it said this:

"We stumbled upon this site (link to my http://www.hdskate.com here) which of course wasn't odd at all, but what was strangely odd, was the fact that the banner on the top had an advertisement for skate stoppers, which consequently a good friend of mine had told me about on another site but I didn't understand. Dear Josh, I get it now. Wierd, very wierd."

So apparently I'm advertising a product on my site which I completely despise, and other people are noticing and making fun of my site for it.

I'm guessing that it is a google ad being run through fastclick. I can't figure out any way to filter this without turning Google Ads right off, but they generate most of my income. Anyone know how?

chromate
05-24-2004, 03:38 PM
Do you know the URL of "skate stoppers"? If so you can filter out their ads from the google ads that are displayed on your site. Just log-in to adsense and add the site in question to your filter list.

cameron
05-24-2004, 03:50 PM
But the problem is coming from the Google Ads that Fastclick is running on my site.

chromate
05-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Fastclick don't run Google ads on your site, unless you have google set up as a default?

chromate
05-24-2004, 03:56 PM
If it's not going throug a normal adsense account then I don't think there's anything you can do.

cameron
05-24-2004, 04:15 PM
Alright. I've emailed Fastclick to check with them. Hoepfully there is something I can do or else I have a tough choice coming up.

Shawn
05-24-2004, 06:45 PM
I LOVE skate stoppers ;p

incka
05-24-2004, 11:27 PM
Fastclick don't run Google ads on your site, unless you have google set up as a default?

They do for me, it's one of my largest leaderboard earners...

chromate
05-25-2004, 02:43 AM
I didn't know they done that. I haven't seen it on my sites and I can't remember de-selecting them.

incka
05-25-2004, 05:04 AM
Look at your control panel for them: Alot of advertisers don't advertise on some categories and will never show their ads on your site...

cameron
05-26-2004, 09:46 PM
Response from Fastclick.

"Cameron,

Unfortunately, with the Google campaign through Fastclick it's on an
all-or-nothing basis, because in order to block those ads for your site it
would mean blocking them for our entire network.

Regards,

Jay Tierney
Fastclick.com"